Removing mould from a sofa bed

hi all,

Not sure if this is in the correct place but i have a sofa bed that is stored in a garage but has mould on it.

Could anyone tell me the easiest or best way of removing it please

Kind regards Mark

Hi Mark

I think you may find that the mould has eaten into the fibres, and cannot be removed removed. I can only suggest having a word with a local upholstery cleaning contractor, and see what they think.

From your previous post on protecting items, I was assuming that you were referring to the usual items that one would store in a garage, Bikes, lawn mowers, garden tools, etc. Not items that can absorb moisture.

Please note that mould can be a health risk, especially if used as a bed in the future.  

Edited by JohnKay
  • 2 years later...

Mark, have you tried upholestry cleaner?  It sprays out as a foam and penetrates deep into the fibres of a seat/ chair.  It has worked wonders on my qashqai.... animal stains, kids spilled milk shakes - mould - everything really!!

They're specifically designed for using in cars.  And they have a sterilising effect on microbes - so could be just what your looking for.  Just make sure you specifically get an upholestry cleaning foam spray.  SOmething like this:  https://www.greasemonkeydirect.com/products/foam-upholstery-cleaner-aerosol-spray-400ml
Check your local auto store.  They'll have some!

Want your website link here? Contact me for pricing