Electric Shower Problem

This afternoon the electric shower suddenly stopped working. The pull cord light on the ceiling is still on. The indicator light for the shower unit is also on.. However on pressing the switch on the shower there is no flow of water.. Could anyone please help with some suggestions to get rid of the problem?

Hi,

It might be that the motor has packed in, or the shower has just basically packed in. They do eventually tend to ware out. You can get electric showers relatively cheaply from your DIY store.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi!

I looked up the related paperwork. It appeared that I was covered for a year. I rang up and got an appointment a week later.

Meanwhile the shower was out of use for the time.

The engineer appeared on the date as promised. I went up to show what the problem was. I pulled the ceiling cord. The power came on. I pressed the switch on the shower. Hey presto, there was water.coming through. As it was working the engineer could not proceed any further, filled up his paperwork and asked to fix another appointment when there is further complications..

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Slight problem there Rich - in most cases the bathroom taps will be tank fed, the shower will be mains fed.

Hi John..

Actually, of all the peeps I know, not oone of them has a tank anymore...

A lot of folk ditched the tanks years ago, or moved into places that just didnt have tanks at all..

Obviously some might still have them, but as for the thread starter, we dont know... Maybe he could tell us?

Hi Rich.

Good to see you got your site up and running again

I find that the vast majority of homes still have tanks, I would guess at around 80% of older properties in this area. even when combi boilers are installed, leaving just the cold and toilets on the tank. Who knows why !

Bit of a concern at times, with the risk of freezing due to increased insulation and ventilation.

It seems though that one of the reasons why an electric shower is chosen in the first place, is due to the lack of water pressure. A conventional shower fitted to all mains supply would provide a far better water flow than the electric alternative, providing, of course there were no  other reasons.

This is what I've found in practice, It seems that an electric shower is often used as a last resort, when someone finds that the pipework involved causes installation difficulties.

Want your website link here? Contact me for pricing