Cause of damp found but how to fix (cheap?)

I have a damp problem so bad in kitchen that after heavy rain i need a mop and bucket

The yard outside kitchen is angled so that water flows down to kitchen wall and accumulates against the wall. It used to go down a channel and down the drain but after recent repairs to drainage the channel is no longer there and the new drain cover is same level as the yard, fine for waste pipes and guttering but no surface water can get down it (partner hated channel over concerns of small pets going missing).

Any ideas how to fix? Do i need to use some form of leveling compound to change direction of water run off (Sounds very costly to do this for whole yard) or can i use something to build against the kitchen wall like a dyke wall.

Any ideas would be welcome, like everyone else finances are tight right now

if you paid someone to sort your drains/yard recently and the results are causing this trouble then my opinion is they should rectify it free of charge or for very little...

water cannot be allowed to stand against your house wall and something needs to be done with some urgency... it is difficult to give an opinion without seeing your yard or knowing more about it. could be you need someone experienced to visit you and give a few ideas...

it sounds as though it could be a big job to get it right. maybe an old-fashioned vertical damp proof course would overcome your immediate problem?

Want your website link here? Contact me for pricing