lights gone off in 2 rooms and loft

hi can anyone help,for some reason my upstairs lights in my bathroom and elec fan have gone off,also the room at the side of the bathroom,they too have gone off,the loft light which is on a switch tapped into the that lighting circuit running a 5ft hallogen has also gone off.the other upstairs 2 rooms are fine and also the landing light is to....i have checked for loose wires in the loft and connections and no fuses downstairs have tripped....the loft light was fitted over 12mths ago and worked perfectly well....any help here would be much appreciated as keep having a shower in the dark....that works ok too,,,,thx phil

suggest you determine whether your lights are wired in the modern fashion; the supply leapfrogging from ceiling rose to ceiling rose - the extra terminals in the modern rose being used to replace junction boxes, or whether junction boxes are used exclusively, or a combination of both.

you might have to unscrew and pull down some ceiling roses to check.

when you have an idea of where the supply enters the dead lighting circuits, and the route it takes, it should be fairly straightforward to determine if the fault is within that circuit or with the supply from another lighting circuit; progressively closer to the consumer unit.

single strand cable sometimes breaks or works loose where the terminal screw is tightened against it, due to poorly machined screws, overtightening and the repeated heating and cooling or other movement or vibration and the natural tendency for copper to age-harden and work-harden and become brittle...

chasing an interruption in the supply can be a bit tedious. if junction boxes are used it will probably be necessary to lift a few floorboards.

mostly such problems are straightforward and usually found at or near to a terminal.

best of luck.

Want your website link here? Contact me for pricing