Welcome To The Diy Forum Cannyfradock

Guest cannyfradock

Guest cannyfradock

Hello Admin+members

I am a bricklayer by trade and work a lot with stone and ceramics.

In Sep -09 I built a pompeii-style wood/pizza oven. Not being able to find a fire-brick/refractory supplier, I used circa 1900's full red clays for the build. Since my build I have found out that a lot of people are having a problem in finding a fire-brick supplier in the U.K

Although this is a DIY forum I would like to pose a question over on the bricklaying forum to ask if any of the members here know of any fire-brick suppliers in the U.K

I have turned this into a bit of a crusade, and I am compiling a list of fire-brick suppliers to be used by other enthusiasts like myself who have a passion for building wood-ovens.

***no spam please***

I am genuine in my comments, and hope it's O.K with Admin to pose the question. If the link to my forum is not appropriate then please delete.

I am not trying to advertise anything for myself, and do not wish to use this forum for any financial gain. As I said I have a passion for wood-ovens and would like to pass on any info I can gather to others.

Terry (C.F)

Guest cannyfradock
Hiya Terry

Welcome to The DIY Forum :D

Have you got any bigger pictures of your oven you built? I assume thats it in your avatar is it?

Hello DIY Guy

I have got other pictures of my build (Avatar is finished article) but have been having so much trouble with my hosting imager (Picassa). Pretty good with bricks and mortar but pretty hopeless with computers. Shall try to uplooad a few.

Have tried but don't know yet how to downsize images suitable for forums....Like the site

Regards...Terry (C.F)

post-948-129970910115_thumb.jpg

Hiya Terry

Thats pretty impressive, looks good but I'd hate to be cooking and have anything slide off the end of the shovel only to be unreachable...

Have to send the neighbours kids in to go fetch it. :blink:

• 1 year later...

Hi Terry, long time no hear, I hope everything has been well for ya...

You should be able to start your own gallery, simply go to the Gallery, and then click on the appropriate album you want to put the pictures into and you should get a "New Album" button showup..

Am glad you like the new site too, took a long long time to decide which way to go with it :D