Roof leaks when frosty but not when raining

Hi,

I have a pitched slated rood which is leaking when it gets frosty or when there's snow lying on it. Water comes in around the top of a velux window when the frost or snow is melted in the morning. However, it can be absolutely tipping down with rain and nothing comes in.

I've had a look at the outside of the roof and can't see any broken or slipped slates or anything. I can't get to the inside of the roof because the room it covers was built up into the roof space (so there's plasterboard and insulating material right up against the roof). As far as I know from some work done to another section of the roof a few years ago, the roof is felted under the slates.

Any suggestions what could be causing this, and what I could do to fix?

Many thanks in advance!

• 3 weeks later...

Your problem is looking quite serious. There are two options for you. First is to change your roof and second is to repair your roof. I would like to suggest you that you should go for repairing process. It 'll be more economical for you. I have also faced this problem. I would like to suggest you that you should try liquid rubber coatings for your **EDIT** I hope that it 'll prove to be the best solution of your problem. Try it.

Want your website link here? Contact me for pricing