Welcome to The DIY Forum

Hi All

I'm Richard, your website admin and I'd like to take a moment to personally welcome all of you to "The DIY Forum", the home of DIY community on the web.

Having spoken to many of my own friends, family and even business associates recently, I discovered that DIY information on the internet is very difficult to obtain, and all the big high street stores have their own way of telling you to do things, some of them don't even know how to use any of the products they sell too (Speaking from personal experience just by simply asking various staff about the products) so with a huge undertaking of a major DIY SOS about to happen (Some call it a life sentence), I setup this website as a permanent fixture to not only document my own progress and learning curves but to also hopefully provide help for others along the way.

I've just embarked on buying a house and I'm sure many of you have been in that position of moving into a property then wanting to renovate the place almost immediately and found out just how difficult or easy some jobs really can be, so as I will be doing the same thing, I thought I would offer up my experiences right here for all to see.

I would highly welcome ALL professional trades to sign up free here and in offering your own time to help others, you can build a great reputation for yourself as well as plug your own company along the way. After all, everybody needs a good professional tradesman at some point.

(Especially if the DIY turns out to be "Destroy it yourself")

Well, lets get on with the show and get things underway, now you know a little about me, why the website is here and that your all welcome, no matter if your just having trouble putting up a shelf, building your own home extension or have been part of building the new Wembley stadium, lets here all about it and see how you get on.

Enjoy

Richard