how many mixes will i need rougly?

Hi all

I am building a litle garden wall, theres rounghly 100bricks, I was just wondering how many mixes i will need at about 5:1

...and randomly does anyone know how many litle building sand bags are in a tonne? just trying to work out if it would be easier to order a tonne or loads of indivdual bags?

cheers lads

Hiya Mickey

Welcome to The DIY forum...

Forgive me if this sounds silly but you have selected in your profile that your a trade bricky, so how come a trade bricky is asking a question like this? You would surely know how much sand you need to lay 100 bricks?

A pro bricky could lay up to 1000 on a good day, so 100 would be "Hardly worth wetting your trowel for" surely?

your absolutly correct i didnt know what to put down,

I am an apprentice i have been doing it now 6months but never done anything on my own, ordering materials etc.. and its a wall for my Girlfriends Parents...

dont really want to get too much or too litle makes me look a right fool... infront of the future in-laws haha

:o

• 11 months later...

Hey Mickey

Apologies for not getting back to ya, things have been hectic this last 12 months... I assume you did your wall in the end? Got a pic?

Want your website link here? Contact me for pricing