Price for fence erecting.

Hi everyone, I just want a bit of advice off people. I want a fence putting up, 16 7 foot concrete posts, gravel boards and 15 4" 6' fence panels. How much on do people charge for erecting only as I have all the materials. Price per post, gravel board, fence panel etc? I don't want to get ripped off. Many thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Cheers, Diane.

Hi Diane

Labour only can vary across the country, almost in line with the cost of living, so while a professional gardener might charge more in London, than the countryside, it will probably depend on where you live.

Best thing to do is get in at least 3+ quotes from local tradespeople, and ask to see work they have done locally, that you can actual go and see (Not some photos)

That should then give you a rough idea of the labour costs.

Chances are, you paid more for the materials than if you had a builder by them for you as they get trade/bulk discounts, and any decent builder will be happy to supply the materials and provide receipts for them to show the costs. I've done this several times in the past and it really does pick the honest from the less-honest shall we say...

Want your website link here? Contact me for pricing