bricklaying computer software

Hi all, is there a software available to help with brickwall designs? a software in which i could type in the length and the and height of the wall and choose a set pattern; and out comes a scaled down illustration. it would be totally cool. any ideas of any such software?

Hi There diy007??

Welcome to the DIY forum... Good to have ya'

As for design patterns for brick laying, with calculations, pass... I wouldnt know, have you tried googling it?

You would think so in this day/age, but I guess as most jobs are measured and priced on-site, maybe nobody thought it was needed, or those who need it, dont know how to create it...

• 6 months later...

hi just read this post and although its old thought it was worth a reply. Cant help with the patterns im afraid but basically you have two bonds (half bond or quarter bond). But regarding the measurements heres a tip that may help you. If you notice in brickwork the sizes for doors are pretty much standard i.e door could be 2.1 high window could be 1.050 or 1200 or 1500 whatever. Brickwork is gauged as a lot of diyers know, i.e one brick is 75mm (with the bed) 2 bricks would be 150 and so on, So 20 courses of bricks would 1.500 high. But what a lot of people dont realise is that if they are working out a measurement lengthwise then theres a simple tip, every measurement you have seen so far is divisible by 3, so lets say you have a measurement 22.5 metres long add the 2+2+5=9 does 3 go into it? yes! in that case it works bricks if you cant divide it by 3 then you have to juggle it. Hope this helps in some way. (im a better bricklayer than typer lol)

• 4 years later...

Hi

Part of my job involves design and count up of components within a set footprint. I use CAD to do this quickly. Same principle would apply to what you've described here... Though not being an experienced builder, I imagine they achieve the same result far quicker with just their knowledge and a pen and some paper.. 

Want your website link here? Contact me for pricing