I had about 25 lap panels put in last year and now I have to stain them front and back - two coats ...gulp its gonna take ages

I have always used a pasting brush in the past to do it to speed things up but even this will take ages. I dont really want to use a fence staining gizmo as I invariably end up with more stain on my lawn then the fence

Can anyone give me a tip to make the process quicker? If I use a roller on this type of fence am I wasting my time - ie will i end up leaving big gaps of untreated panel?

Hi Bear

I'm about to do my new fence shortly, and did my mums fence not long ago using a sprayer. I have to say, it is THE quickest way to do it.

So long as your careful and try to pick a nice calm, still day with little/no wind, you really wont end up with it all over your lawn, in fact, if your also reasonably careful when filling it up, you shouldnt spill any, anywhere at all, maybe just put a dustsheet down on the edge of your lawn if your worried.

There are a few out there like these:

Those are 2 fairly decent ones, but avoid the cheap skate ones as my old man discovered, the same model busted twice and we didnt even make it half way round his fence, so it cost 2 extra trips back to B&Q...

I thnk when I do mine I'll most likely go with the Cuprinol Power Sprayer as it has its own 12v battery and charges up in 60 minutes, although for £15 less, the Cuprinol Fence & Decking Power Sprayer which looks and sounds even more awesome, doesnt say anything about batteries?

I'm guessing you need to fill it with £10+ worth of those huge D cells to use it, so the cost is probably the same it seems for both, only the £45 one only needs 1 battery for the entire life your going to actually use it.

Using a roller, you really will make more mess than you need to, with all the treatment flicking off the roller everywhere, typically all over yourself and the lawn, and a roller will miss loads of the bumps and joins in the fence too, you will be there for ages, and every bit of dirt that can, will stick to your roller too... Show us a before/after pic and what you used and how you got on, I'd really love to hear about it :-)

Want your website link here? Contact me for pricing