Building materials and receipts

I can't hang wallpaper these days, so I called in a Professional to redecorate hall, stairs, landing and two bedrooms. (We supplied the paper ourselves.)

He left every last drop of unused paint sealed up properly and enough left-over paper to decorate the third bedroom. He took not a penny until he had gone over the whole job with me, to see that I was satisfied. He apologised for overestimating the amount of paper needed and he repaid us the money we had spent on that paper.

He wasn't cheap, but he was good. How did I find this guy? Word of mouth. He returns in May to decorate the remaining bedroom.

John

Hiya John

Welcome to TDF, glad you stopped by. Who is your mystery builder?

I guess you will want to keep him a secret while he's working for you now?

• 4 months later...

I had pretty much the same when I wanted to install Electric Radiators, I contacted a company who gave me a heat plan and gave me excellent support before I even purchased the radiators. They organised an installer for me and have since gave me excellent support I couldnt have been happier, oh and I got a 10% discount just for registering to their site.

It is nice to know there are still some good companies out there who do actually what they advertise, and I thought it only fair that as I had such good service, we are sometimes quick to complain but not to praise. If anyone wants the company website let me know, as I am not sure if the site owners allow you to post websites in here.

If anyone wants the company website let me know, as I am not sure if the site owners allow you to post websites in here.

Hi Swinters

If you put your location into your profile then people can at least see where your from, and would know if its worth contacting you for the builders details.

Thanks for not posting the details in your first post, its often seen as spam when people blag the first post into a full on testimonial which makes it difficult for others to take it seriously.

If you want to, do up a new thread about them, and be sure to attach some pictures of the work they did so others can really see its been done, and the results you got :P

• 2 years later...
I can't hang wallpaper these days, so I called in a Professional to redecorate hall, stairs, landing and two bedrooms. (We supplied the paper ourselves.)

He left every last drop of unused paint sealed up properly and enough left-over paper to decorate the third bedroom. He took not a penny until he had gone over the whole job with me, to see that I was satisfied. He apologised for overestimating the amount of paper needed and he repaid us the money we had spent on that paper.

He wasn't cheap, but he was good. How did I find this guy? Word of mouth. He returns in May to decorate the remaining bedroom.

John

People like this are a dime a dozen and in this industry word of mouth pays off. I'd be telling everyone I know about him.

Want your website link here? Contact me for pricing