Lighting for Painted Dark Walls

I just recently painted my room a deep purple, I installed fluorescent lights in the room but it seems like the light just gets drowned by all the darkness. It looks cozy, but I would like a little more light for working, reading, changing clothes, and for other purposes. Would you suggest I paint the walls lighter, or find different lights for specific purposes? Or maybe leave one wall the current color, and paint the other walls a lighter shade of purple, or maybe some other color?

• 4 months later...

I just recently painted my room a deep purple, I installed fluorescent lights in the room but it seems like the light just gets drowned by all the darkness. It looks cozy, but I would like a little more light for working, reading, changing clothes, and for other purposes. Would you suggest I paint the walls lighter, or find different lights for specific purposes? Or maybe leave one wall the current color, and paint the other walls a lighter shade of purple, or maybe some other color?

Deep purple gives a cozy and warm feeling for the room. I understand why you would need more lighting, have you tried may be lighter shades, like dusty mauve or rosy tan.

London painting and decorating company

http://www.gdparvin.com

• 1 month later...

Want your website link here? Contact me for pricing