Bathroom heating alternatives

Hi there, I wonder if anyone can advise me, please?

Our bathroom is always cold! it is on the ground floor of our house and two of its walls are external. We refurbished the bathroom (and had our cavity walls insulated) when we moved in a few years ago. (there are no holes or gaps or cracks).

Our heating system is a combi boiler and the bathroom has a radiator rather than a towel rail as they give out more heat.

Is there an additional heating alternative that we could put in, please? (My husband says it is not possible, but he is well renowned for saying things like that when he does not know the answer, bless him).

And suggestions and advice would be great, thank you.

Delilah.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
Guest BathClick

Hi,

I agree with the previous posts about underfloor heating, this depends on your existing floor covering and sub floor type. I would consider electric underfloor heating such as warmup rather than a wet system connected to your existing boiler and cental heating. The wet systems are more expensive to buy and much more expensive and complex to install especially when retro fitting, and with gas prices the way they are the electric systems are becoming cheaper to run versus gas.

Want your website link here? Contact me for pricing