What ladder?

When purchasing a ladder what things would you consider? I need it just for around the home for guttering etc.

Ive been looking at buying a ladder, but dont really know where to start as there is too much to choose from.

Any pointers??

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

When purchasing a ladder what things would you consider? I need it just for around the home for guttering etc.

Ive been looking at buying a ladder but dont really know where to start as there is too much to choose from.

Any pointers??

thanks

Hi, i have worked in the building industry all my life, and have spent much of it up a ladder and for me their are only 3 things to remember and apply to buying a ladder.

1. The lighter the better

2. Dont get a ladder that you think will reach. buy a triple if in doubt

3. Spend as much money as you can possibly afford. Your life is not worth skimping on.

If you abide by these 3 rules you will have one of the most useful tools you can have for life.

Regards CBM :mellow:

• 3 months later...
Guest danielsroof

Here is what I look for in a ladder:

Sturdy feet that won't slip off but will prevent the ladder sliding out.

Triple ladders are best in my opinion, the top section can always be removed.

"D" shaped rungs are much more comfortable the square rungs.

Ladder needs to be sturdy but also lightweight, it's not fun lugging a heavy ladder around.

I use a 3metre triple for my day to day stuff, I have a 4metre triple for the high stuff and a rope-pulled le tripladder for the hairaising stuff.

In addition I have a special mat for the feet to give them extra grip and stabilisers to stop them going sideways, these come in very handy when it's windy.

Want your website link here? Contact me for pricing