Types of Wall

This is likely to be a rather simplistic question but we have an indoor wall, most likely put in after the property was initially built. I have attempted to put up some hooks to hang some of our stuff up and save some space but I seem to either have a lot of really loose wall where the screws don't grip and then there is finally a bit if wall that seems to be extremely solid and really hard to drill into.

What is the solution to getting some hooks into a wall like this?

Thank you

Hey Karl

Can you confirm that you are using RAWPLUGS when trying to put screws into your wall?

Is there any patterns to the soft parts, such as straight lines up/down left/right?

• 1 month later...

Hey Karl

Can you confirm that you are using RAWPLUGS when trying to put screws into your wall?

Is there any patterns to the soft parts, such as straight lines up/down left/right?

Hi there

So on some sections the fixing is really solid and on others you dril a hole and your fixing wont hold or the fixing is insufficient.

You could be fixing in to an expanded concrete block, (is it "overly easy" to drill in to) really secure fixings in this type of block are a bit tricky, if this is the case and you want a fixing that will never move again you could try getting some "Epoxy Resin" from your local builders merchants.

Its like a treacle which you inject in to the hole you have made for the rawlplug then when its still soft you insert your rawlplug, when the resin sets it is as hard as brick !!

P

Want your website link here? Contact me for pricing