Scratch marks on a wooden floor

Hi

After a rather unhelpful delivery man scratched a mark in white paint a couple of meters long across my floor this morning, I then foolishly tried to remove the paint mark and have removed the paint mark, but now have marks from where i scrubbed to take off the paint. In my defence it was 7am and my brain was barely working.

I have gone back and complained to the company that made the delivery but in the mean time I wanted to understand what exactly needs to be done to fix the problem.

I presume its possible to sand the floor boards and then re-stain - but would I need to redo the whole room (its like 5m by 10m - so reasonably large) or could I get away with just doing a small patch. My fear is that if I just did a patch I'd be turning into the old lady who swallowed the fly! i.e. just keep making the problem bigger and more noticeable.

For reference I'm rather a novice at this whole DIY stuff - but as a recent first time house buyer, I'm learning fast(and I actually quite enjoy it) but my knowledge of terms etc is a bit limited.

Thanks - any and all advice appreciated

Anthony

• 3 weeks later...

The bad news is that unless you can get an exact shade match on your staining then you will be struggling to do anything other than a sand down and re stain.

One thing you could try is to give the floor a light sand for the purposes of keying and then put a light covering of varnish stained or other wise and with luck the natural wood ageing will help it to blend back in.

Want your website link here? Contact me for pricing