Roof terrace cost and planning permission

Hi guys, I am new to this forum. I own 3 bed mid-terraced house, post 1930, not listed. There is no garden to the back of the property hence I am now considering to put a roof terrace (+ stairs and doors). Has anyone got any experience of how much could it cost and also what chances are to get a planning permission for this project? I will be looking for professional company to do the whole job. Thanks for any help, Cheers!

• 7 months later...

Hi Werby. It depends on the sclae of the project and the size of the roof terrace. You can get more info on where and when planning permission is needed from the PlanningPortal website.

When converting roof areas to liveable space, the roof will need to be checked for adequacy in terms of weather resistance and thermal insulation. Probably the cheapest, and mosty hassle-free way of achieving a roof terrace would be to purchase one of the VELUX roof terraces. They basically work like a skylight but transform into a roof terrace - definitely no planning permission needed here and probably a lot cheaper than doing a ful-on conversion.

Edited by Rich
NO SPAMMING! 2nd post and your dropping links to your products!

Want your website link here? Contact me for pricing