Which Gutter Guard is Best?

Guest danielsroof

Gutter Guard Poll  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest danielsroof

I have installed several gutter guard products for my customers over the last few years, feedback has been mixed.

What do others think of gutter guards? Have you found one that actually works and doesn't clog up?

Here is a quick write up on the three I have tried:

Mesh - Easy to install but didn't last very long, the edges curled up after sunlight exposure and the whole thing collapsed into the guttering under the weight of seedlings/moss etc. Too flimsy.

Foam Inserts - These were a disaster, lasting only two months before clogging up with grit/moss from the roof. They were also very difficult to clean. Bits of moss and leaves just compacted on the surface and blocked rainwater from even entering the gutter.

Gutter Hedgehog/Brush - Worked well with broad leaves and larger but soon clogged up with pine needles and smaller stuff, was easy to remove and clean out but isn't a gutter guard supposed to prevent gutters from clogging in the first place?

Anybody else have any experience with other types of gutter leaf guards?

(photo shows gutter foam on one of my projects, I have since had issues with it clogging up)

post-760-0-57883100-1325946176_thumb.jpg

Edited by danielsroof

Want your website link here? Contact me for pricing