DEWALT DC390 18v XRP Circular Saw

This thread is for anybody who owns the DEWALT DC390 18v XRP Circular Saw:

The current retail price for the DEWALT DC390 is around

post-1-129970909975_thumb.jpg

post-1-129970909976_thumb.jpg

post-1-129970909977_thumb.jpg

post-1-129970909978_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...

Got one of these, and they last forever on 1 battery!

I did some nice new 14mm oak flooring and managed to make every cut for 2 whole rooms on just one battery and it still wasnt dead.

The blade it comes with is really good quality and I've used this to cut full sheet 18mm plywood subflooring too without any hassle, and it doesnt splinter the plywood too if you push it through fast enough.

Managed to lay an entire upstairs subfloor in 18mm plywood and didnt have to go outside to cut anything, just cut the full sheets in place and drop them on the floor and the DC390 just loves it.

For a small circular saw, its fairly lightweight, but cuts through full 18mm plywood sheets at amazing speed, and yet is cool enough to also do 14mm oak flooring without splintering the edges..

This is 100 times better than my old Black and decker firestorm circular saw :eek:

(Incidentally, the B&D burnt out trying to cut through plywood sheet)

The safety catch on it is a pain in the arse though, its a bit fiddly, right when you line up the blade to start cutting, pulling on the safety catch is akward :(

Damn good peice of kit though.. worth the cash :D

Guest drystonewall

thanks for the review on all the tools, boy, you must be feeling flush to buy all those tools!

The tools I tend to use for my jobs are not as expencive as thet, I tend to go for the Wickes brand.

when it comes to petrol power I go for Sthil.

thanks for the update, your house must be getting close to being finished?

Want your website link here? Contact me for pricing