Soundproofing My wall

I having problems with noisey neighbours and I'm thinking about soundproofing my party wall on one side. I've been looking for infomation and have found two websites Bicester Soundproofing Products and Soundproofing Forum

Does anyone have any experience with them or thier methods?

• 2 months later...

I Used a sound proofing forum as they were the cheapest supplier for the products (most suppliers seem to flog the same or very similar stuff).

Saved quite a bit compared with places like customaudio/domesticsoundproofing/soundstop etc... , but the after sales help was a bit slow, I phoned them and they said they would phone straight back with the technical details, but I had to ring them the next morning to remind them to get the details.

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

1. New Construction Soundproofing
  2. Step 1
    Have all the electrical wiring and plumbing in place in the walls to be soundproofed.
  3. Step 2
    Hang drywall on one side of all the stud walls of the room to be soundproofed, so that the room is closed in but you still have access to the interiors of the walls. (The side you choose to leave open will vary--you want to leave open the side that will offer the easiest access to apply the soundproofing material.)
  4. Step 3
    Apply fiberglass insulation batting to the walls. The batts can be packed in fairly tightly--the denser the material, the more sound you stop. But remember that for actual insulation purposes, the insulation loses value if it's too tightly packed. Hang the drywall as usual.
  5. Step 4
    Alternatively, call in a professional insulation company and have it blow in foam or cellulose insulation that provide great sound deadening and a high insulation value. Hang the drywall as usual once the soundproofing is applied.
  6. Step 5
    As another alternative, hang manufactured soundproofing wall coverings--such as Pyrotek or Super Soundproofing products--which are sold as rigid panels or in rolls. You can purchase these at home improvement centers, lumberyards, insulation contractors or drywall supply houses. Hang the covering according to the manufacturer's directions, then hang the drywall as usual.
    After-Construction Soundproofing
  7. Step 1
    Remove the drywall from one side of the walls to be soundproofed. (Strip the side of the wall that strikes a balance between offering the most work space and causing the least amount of damage.) Then choose one of the options listed in Section 1.
  8. Step 2
    Alternatively, cut small holes in the drywall near the ceiling, between the studs. Fill the space between the drywall with cellulose or expandable foam insulation. You can rent the machine for applying blow-in insulation at most lumberyards or rental centers, or where you purchase your materials. Expandable foam can be purchased in small spray cans or large containers that resemble propane tanks for your barbecue grill. Patch and refinish the drywall.
  9. Step 3
    As another alternative, hang manufactured wall covering materials (described in step 5 above) over the existing walls (as opposed to behind the drywall). Many come in a variety of colors or are paintable (you'll pay more for the "finished" products than you will for the kind that go on behind the drywall). These products take up very little space and work well. Choose from panels, acoustic matting and vibration barriers.

Want your website link here? Contact me for pricing