WMS Key stuck in lock.....how can i remove it?

Hi

I accidentally snapped the key on the front door. I have a spare key, so i would just like to get the other half of the key out of the door, and unfortunately it is still stuck in the door.

It is a WMS key on a lock, and i have no experience with locks, so do not know the first place to start. All i have tried at the moment is trying to push the key out with the spare key, but that didnt work.

I would greatly appreciate any tips that would allow me to avoid calling a locksmith out. (I can insert the other half of the key in from the inside and lock the door, but cannot insert a key from the outside)

Thanks

I have heard that using a magnet to slightly extract the key and then removing it with tweezers works.

Can anyone comment on such a method (especially the bit with the magnet)?

Thanks

If you get the right pair of tweasers that will attract the magnet, then yes, stick the magnet to one end of the tweasers and you "should" be able to get them into the lock and pry out the broken key.

If you get some cheap nasty tweasers, they will just be chrome plated or something else just as rubbish and the magnet wont even stick to them.

Want your website link here? Contact me for pricing