Scaffolding Planks onto Concrete base

I'm in the process of organising a new concrete base to be installed in the back garden for the new cabin. I have several new scaffolding planks which I intend to use as a floor base for the new cabin. I just wonder how best to fix the planks onto the concrete base suited to outside conditions.

Please help. Many thanks!

Hiya Christof

Given the time of year, you would be best holding off on laying the concrete until the weather warms up, to be sure of setting/drying times, and that it will set properly, but do double check with your concrete supplier on recommended temperature usage.

As for setting the scaffolding planks down as a floor base for the new cabin, it would be best to stick them down with a non-flexible adhesive if possible as you wouldnt want your flooring to wobble if you had any heavy shelving in there.

It depends on what you will be putting into the cabin too.

If its just going to be a toolshed full of loaded shelves, then I wouldnt even bother with the scaffolding boards, but if its going to be a cozy space that needs as much insulation as possible, then how about screwing the boards onto pallets to raise them up off the floor and keep the cold off nicely?

You could then use an adhesive to glue the pallets down to the floor giving you not only a space under the floor for any wiring or to hide the gold bullion, but also insulation space. Grab a few rolls of space blanket from B&Q for a tenner each and it should be fairly cozy.

As long as your initial concrete base is off-level slightly to allow rain water to run off, away from the cabin, and its high enough above ground level to avoid any damp then all should be great...

Many thanks for your advice DIY GUY. Now I need advice on where I can find old scaffolding planks to assemble together to make a square to pour concrete in for the garden.

I live in the Croydon area (South London). Anyone who got any old scaffolding planks in any condition (should be strong enough to hold the concrete in), I could have please?

if you got any please - I need to make a 3m x 3m square. many thanks

Have you tried actually contacting any scaffolding companies to ask for old boards they no longer want? They might even rent you some, or give you a few to use for a few months if you ask them nicely enough.

There really is no rush for concrete in this weather too, give yourself plenty of time to get it done right..

Want your website link here? Contact me for pricing