Removing Wood Panelling

Hi.

I hope someone out there can help me.

I am a complete DIY novice and I'm looking for some advice on removing wood panelling from the stairs of my house. At some points its going to be easier to remove but at other its almost like its glued in place.

I'm looking for some advice on how to remove the bits that are 'glued' on doing as little damage as possible to wall underneath.

Can you someone help?

Thanks

Claire

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Claire

Are you able to see under the wood to tell if its stuck directly onto the wall itself, or if there seems to be any wallpaper that it may have been stuck to?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi.

I hope someone out there can help me.

I am a complete DIY novice and I'm looking for some advice on removing wood panelling from the stairs of my house. At some points its going to be easier to remove but at other its almost like its glued in place.

I'm looking for some advice on how to remove the bits that are 'glued' on doing as little damage as possible to wall underneath.

Can you someone help?

Thanks

Claire

Hi Claire how come you are removing it? Do you need to remove it?

lol, guys, have you seen what wood panelling looks like? Its horrible. I wouldnt want to have to paint over it, and I certainly would not want it on any of my walls.

As said already, check underneath it to see what its actually stuck to, because if its glued to wallpaper then it should come right off without damaging the walls, but if it is stuck to the wall itself, then a VERY sharp scraper from the local decorators merchants and some steam could also get it right off in a flash if you can get the scraper behind the panels to the glued sections.

If not, then tearing it off may take small chunks out of the plaster, as said by "theparks" earlier..

Want your website link here? Contact me for pricing