Shower head in ceiling

Hi

I am looking for a shower head/plate that sits directly in the ceiling, or srewed/nailed/glued to the ceiling.

I think my plumber called it a shower plate?!?!

But having searched online I cannot find anyone selling shower plates. I can find lots of websites selling flat shower heads with about 4inches of pipe coming out of it...which is then coming out of the ceiling.

Is it possible to have one of theses, with using just an inch or so of pipe to get it through the ceiling?

Or is there metal plates, which act as a shower head surround, then the shower head is screwed into the surround?

Anyone help will be gratefully received.

Guest BathClick

Hi,

I think what your plumber means is a 1/2 compession inch back plate elbow, normally a ceiling mounted shower head will come with a length of chrome pipe as you discibed in your post, this pipe will usually have a male 1/2 inch bsp threaded end designed to be scewed into the back plate elbow, you'll have to fit a noggin between the joists in the floor/ceiling to fix the back plate elbow to. They normally come with some kind of collet to cover the connection. You can get a 1/2 inch compression back plate elbow from any plumbers merchants.

Hope this helps

BathClick

Guest BathClick

Sorry just read my post back and it's a bit misleading it's the shower head that comes with the cover collet not the back plate elbow.

Thanks

BathClick

Want your website link here? Contact me for pricing