how do i train to be a plumber/gas fitter?

Hi, i have recently been looking at various gas training/plumbing courses that are available. My questions are does anybody have any idea what i should be looking at doing as a complete novice with only DIY experience?

and does anyone have any experience using one of these training schools advertised on the internet?

Cheers, Dan.

Hi, i have recently been looking at various gas training/plumbing courses that are available. My questions are does anybody have any idea what i should be looking at doing as a complete novice with only DIY experience?

and does anyone have any experience using one of these training schools advertised on the internet?

Cheers, Dan.

Hey Dan

I think the best thing to do would be to contact your local careers office and get the number for your nearest building college, alternatively, give the CITB a ring and ask them about training courses, thats if they are still called that (Construction Industry Training Board)

They put me onto a Roofing apprenticeship when I was 18, for 2 years and that was ok, but they cover pretty much everything you need to know about construction training...

Just had a look and it seems the CITB are now: http://www.cskills.org

Want your website link here? Contact me for pricing