Welcome to The DIY Forum Girlscan2

Hi Girlscan2,

Welcome to The DIY Forum, and thanks for joining us here.

Please feel free to browse around and get to know others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

I certainly look forward to hearing from you sometime soon, and hearing all about your DIY experiences...

Be sure to check out the DIY Forum rules above, just to ensure were all on the same page...

Why not tell us a little about yourself, let others get to know you, and what you get up to?

Please do NOT post links to your business, adverts or any other kind of spam. New members posting links to their business/shop or who seem to be here ONLY to plug their business WILL be deleted and flagged as a spammer with ALL Invision Powerboard Forums!

Welcome again

Richard... DIY Forum Slave

Hi - I have honestly joined because I have been recently widowed and have 3 children and have relied on my husband for DIY for 23 years and now need to be able to Do it myself. I like to paint /restore furniture and hope to be able to expand my skills. I Home Educate my oldest boy (13) and he is very into engernering and building things and want to be able to facilitate his interests - we have brough an old static caravan for his ''chill' space and want to be able to update it together. I also want a new kitchen installed and a condervatory put on the house and do at worst want to be ripped off by trades men and at best be able to understand what they say. <<< sorry for life story >>>

• 1 month later...

Sorry for your recent loss Girlscan... (Is there a better name we can call you :) )

Dont worry about sharing your life story, its great that you posted such a nice introduction, and hopefully everybody here can help you as much as possible.

I know from experience that kitchens are a headache if your trying to do them yourself, should you touch anything electrical as it all needs to be strictly certified, and done by a qualified electrician, which I think, if memory serves me, has to be "Part P" certified to do Kitchen and bathroom stuff (Somebody please correct me if thats wrong)

Have you thought about Lego Technic for youor oldest?

Its a fantastic tool/toy for those into engineering, especially kids, although I know a few adults who still enjoy tinkering with it today, me included :D