Cost Of Installing Shower

Hi

I have just moved into a new house

The bathroom does not currently have a shower ..

however the electiric have been installed in the bathroom for a shower to be installed ....

I therefore need to find a plumber to do the plumbing work ...

does anyone have any idea of (approx) how much this would cost me ?:confused:

Hi Karen

Depending on where you live, you should be able to find a plumber pretty quickly if you use "ratedpeople.com"

I posted a job on there last week to have a new boiler installed and had 3 plumbers calling me the very next day, but the quotes given can vary a LOT, so I'd advise, post your job on there, then get at least 3 tradesmen in to quote for the job and get a breakdown of their quotes.

Dont just accept their "off the top of my head" prices, get the full breakdown on how much is parts, what parts supplied and how much is labour, and how long the job should take.

It also depends on what type and make/model of shower you go for.

I would seriously, very highly recommend Bristan for a bathroom fixtures, they provide a 5 year warrantee, and if your stuff breaks, they will come and repair it for free.

My shower is only 2 yrs old, and the main thermostat inside has broken, leaving me with only cold water so I posted the job on rated tradesmen and 3 plumbers all said it was the same thing, so I called bristan and they said "No problem, will send out the parts today and one of our fitters will call you shortly to book an appontment to install the parts"....

10 minutes later, Bristan engineer calls and says he can pop-round in 3 days time to repair the shower!

Fantastic service so far, so now we wait until wednesday to see if they keep their promise, but I see no reason why not.

Bristan where really highly recommended by the plumber that did our bathroom, and our local plumbing supplies store gave us 30% off the retail/catalog prices, which some plumbers dont tell you about, as they then make 30% on your shower if you let them buy it for you, thus you will want the receipt directly from the plumbing supplies store and NOT the plumber.

• 1 year later...

Hi

I have just moved into a new house

The bathroom does not currently have a shower ..

however the electiric have been installed in the bathroom for a shower to be installed ....

I therefore need to find a plumber to do the plumbing work ...

does anyone have any idea of (approx) how much this would cost me ?:confused:

An electric shower around £240 icluding materials, if you want to know any thing about showers visit The electric shower guide

Want your website link here? Contact me for pricing