The living room

After you are done with the living room in fresh wallpaper and paint, and are also through with the flooring and upholstery, how do you go ahead with buying the right furniture that goes with the colour and theme? Is this a common picture you often encounter? First of all, relax. You will most certainly come across a range of contemporary living room furniture that compliments your overall d

• 2 weeks later...

my point of view is a bit modern, perhaps too modern to be acceptable by the majority but i think anyone who encourages people to treat living room furniture (or any other furniture) as fashion accessories which must be changed for reasons other than they are completely worn out, should have a week in the town stocks or a flogging...

every piece of furniture has a great deal of energy invested in it from manufacture, through wharehousing to distribution!

that energy represents CO2 emissions and in the case of plastics, varnishes and paints represent much other pollution!

nothing. absolutely nothing should be thrown away until it is totally without use or function!

every piece that is saved means another need not be manufactured to replace it!

by all means it is acceptable to sell or give away to friends, neighbours or charity but too many people cannot be bothered and just take stuff to their local tip. not a word of encouragement did jazmin2309 say about this...

what is wrong with making your decor. suit your furniture?

in today's world functionality is much more important than form.

people needing furniture should initially seek their rquirements from secondhand or charity shops, recyclers or small ads. after a few small repairs or adjustments most of these items could continue for years and years...

this is the only way we will save the planet!

i do agree that solid oak coffee tables are good, though solid mahogany is better.

Want your website link here? Contact me for pricing