engineered wood plank flooring

hi all,i have bought some engineered oak flooring and have been advised to put it onto secret fixed to sub floor silovil adhesive,as it is going onto a concrete base.Is this the best thing to use?

Hiya Novice, welcome to the website :)

When you say "put it onto secret", can you elaborate as that looks like a possible spelling mistake, but I'm not sure what of???

Engineered oak flooring is plywood backed and you should find that the plywood backing is in strips, allowing it to expand and contract without pushing up the floorboards when it does, so as long as you dont restrict the movement of the plywood under the floor, preventing it from doing what it does naturally, you should be fine.

One thing to consider is, the harder the floor is underneath, the more the oak flooring will take the brunt of anything dropped on it if there is nothing soft underneath.

I laid 80 square metres of Engineered oak flooring myself not long ago and laid it all on a very soft yet firm underlay, taping only the underlay to the newly laid plywood flooring and allowing the oak floorboards to simply "sit" freely on top of the underlay which makes for a quieter flooring surface when walking around on it, and less prone to huge dents if things get dropped on it, but your flooring finish will also help this too, depending which finish you choose.

Care to show us which flooring you went with or are going to be putting down?

• 4 months later...

Want your website link here? Contact me for pricing