Moved Into A New House With A Leak Under The Sink..

Hi, I wonder if anyone can offer any advice please?

I've moved into a new house. The seller has removed the washing machine and left a note to say that I shouldn't turn the water on as he has taken a pipe (?).

I did turn the tap on and it ran out across the kitchen floor.

I can't get a washing machine delivered for a couple of days and wondered if, once the machine is plumbed in, will this stop the problem? Also, does anyone know which pipe the seller may have taken and can I somehow seal this off short-term until I get a washing machine?

I'm not sure if I should be looking for a valve to turn off or someone has mentioned a T Pipe (or something) that may just need to be connected to the new washing machine?

Not a big problem but if anyone can help I would be grateful.

Thank you

Hi Sarah

Sadly, without any pictures, all we have to go on is "He has taken "A" pipe"... Nobody will ever be able to help unless you can at the very least, maybe show us what it looks like, show us where water comes from if you turn the tap on in the sink???

Which tap did you turn on? Where did the water come from?

Have you tried contacting the seller to ask which pipe they took?

They could just mean the pipe that goes from the washing machine to the drain under the sink...

If I took the hose-pipe from my washing machine to the drainpipe off, it would leave a hole in the top of the pipe for water to spout from like a fountain...

See if you can get some pictures and show us, that way we can help you with your plumbing problems :D

Dont forget to drop into the welcomes section and introduce yourself, there is already a nice welcome thread just for you :D

• 3 months later...

Hi Sarah.

The Tap you turned on, seems to me to be the one you connect the Appliance to. The pipe taken would probably be the hose to connect the appliance. The handbook with the appliance will ostlikely say that you only need a cold fill

http

://s7g3.scene7.com/is/image/ae235/12496_P?$p$

Regards

handydanny

post-307-0-70298200-1309603047_thumb.jpg

Want your website link here? Contact me for pricing