Hi,

Wasn't entirely sure which section this would fall under... since it actually relates to quite a few!

I've actually just started building my first home cinema. I've had a cool TV for 6 months, but just sat on a stand doesn't quite do it justice. I plan on going the whole hog, putting wires into the wall and mounting it - doing the same with speakers. It's a big job, especially considering this is my first ever DIY job... but we'll see how it goes!

• 1 year later...

Home theater lighting is an important topic to consider when building your new theater. Though you'll primarily be watching your movies with the lights out, you still want to have good lighting coverage to set just the right mood. The right atmosphere can really enhance your enjoyment of a movie. Uncontrolled ambient light can wash out colors on front projector systems. Insufficient ambient light can make viewing a movie in total darkness result in eyestrain. Properly placed accent lights can help draw the eye to certain features of your new home theater.

You can take advantage of new control systems to control your lighting system from your chair. When its movie time, hit a single button to have the system kill the lights over the audience while dimming the wall sconces. This is sure to impress your friends.

• 1 year later...

Home theater lighting is an important topic to consider when building your new theater. Though you'll primarily be watching your movies with the lights out, you still want to have good lighting coverage to set just the right mood. The right atmosphere can really enhance your enjoyment of a movie. Uncontrolled ambient light can wash out colors on front projector systems. Insufficient ambient light can make viewing a movie in total darkness result in eyestrain. Properly placed accent lights can help draw the eye to certain features of your new home theater.

You can take advantage of new control systems to control your lighting system from your chair. When its movie time, hit a single button to have the system kill the lights over the audience while dimming the wall sconces. This is sure to impress your friends.

I gotta agree with this. Some people think that keeping the home theater pitch black is sufficient. It obviously is not. Also, I'd like to reiterate BEfore and After photos! This seems exciting! Best of luck to you!

Want your website link here? Contact me for pricing