Flexible piping for a height adjustable sink

Hi All,

I'm new here. In the process of slowly and on the cheap doing up my house to be more accessible and also beautiful - I'm disabled and both use a wheelchair and have difficulty with use of my arms. While I can do some DIY things physically myself, often I need to explain to others what I want to happen.

I'm trying to work out a way to get an electrically height adjustable sink as part of a dressing table unit. My bathroom isn't big enough for a sink that I can actually use (just a tiny hand washing basin). The height adjustable sinks aimed at disabled people are both ugly and very expensive (2 grand or thereabouts) and I think I can do it for less. Please do point out any error in my plans! I'd also really appreciate advice on the piping to use.

In order to get an electric height adjustable desk, I got a Conset wall mounted mechanism, and attached an IKEA table top. It works great, although I had to adjust the up/down buttons so I could actually press them - the ones delivered I couldn't operate. Clearly I had to ensure that the computer cables etc were wired in a way that didn't get caught, and which were fine to move across the height range.

I hope to use a second Conset wall mounted electric mechanism (http://www.conset.org.uk/product/prodone/3357/default.aspx) and put a small sink (probably http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/S69894059/ or something very similar) and a flat section to use as a dressing table, on the top. Possibly with drawers (same sort of height as the sink) so that the depth of the moving 'top' is the same all the way across.

Is there any reason not to do this? I'm struggling to work out how the 'off the shelf' products can justify being so much more expensive, and wondering if I'm missing something?!

Plumbing is already there for a regular sink. What sort of piping should I get in order to allow the mechanism to move and up and down, and the sink to work (and the pipe not get obstructed) at any point?

Many thanks for any suggestions/help/advice on this :) ... hope to get to know the boards here over time as the house is going to be a long (and very enjoyable) project to sort.

Want your website link here? Contact me for pricing