DEWALT DC385 18v XRP Reciprocating Saw

This thread is for anybody who owns the DEWALT DC385 18v XRP Reciprocating Saw:

Retail price for the DEWALT DC385 18v XRP Reciprocating Saw is around £200 so lets here from anybody who has one and what you get up to with it, how much you paid for it and what its like to work with?

post-1-129970909975_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...

Yet again, I bought one of these in my 7 peice kit and was not really too sure what the heck I would ever use it for :confused: but it came in the kit anyway so what the hell!

Turns out this beast has got me out of a few tight spots when removing all the old nasty floorboards in my house where I didnt want to disturb the plumbing pipes around the radiators :P

All the floorboards in my house seem to have been put down with the radiator pipes coming up through a tightly cut hole in the old floorboards, rather than having a floorboard cut around the pipe (Original floorboards from the 1930's)

Just flip it upside down and let the blade go down through the floorboard beside the pipe and bingo, floorboard comes out without disturbing the pipes, and you can cut right up to the wall with it too :D

Takes the same 18v battery as the DC925 drill and again it is a bit heavy but this is really made for heavy duty jobs anyway.

I've also buzzed through lots of the branches on a tree right outside my kitchen window too and got the job done in minutes...

Cant praise these tools enough, you definately get what you pay for...

Want your website link here? Contact me for pricing